The PVA-3000 PhyView Analyzer is designed to bridge the wide coverage gap between comprehensive Ethernet twisted pair PHY compliance testing and simple packet verification testing.
The PVA-3000 introduces an innovative multi-port capability dedicated to 10/100/1000BaseT physical layer characterization under controlled impairments including line loss, ingress noise, jittered or offset timing, and even Power-over-Ethernet. The PVA-3000 tests Ethernet switches and routers, discrete LAN interfaces, link transmission components, and network service integrity at any 10/100/1000Base-T interface.
- 10/100/1000 Physical Layer Testing Simplified
- Just Plug…..Run…..Evaluate
- No Scopes, Fixtures, Probes, Generators, Test Modes, or Cable Spools!
- Test Any LAN Interface, Anywhere
- Faster and More Informative Alternative to Packet Testing
- Answer What’s Wrong, How Wrong, and Where?
- Fully Automated Multi-Port PHY Qualification
- Transmitter Performance Qualification
- Receiver Performance Qualification
- Supports the PHY Performance Test Suite for LAN PHY Analysis
- Fully Automated 10/100/1000Base-T Interface Analysis
- Fully Automated PSE DC Unbalance Analysis
- Innovative New Measurements on 10/100/1000 Transmitted Signals
- Accelerated Receiver Testing wieth Versatile Impairments
- Externally Accessible Impairments – Combine with Packet Analyzers
- Sifos PSA-3000 and PSA-1200 Chassis Compatible
- Compact, Portable 2-Port PVA-3002 – Same Testing Features
PVA-3000 METERING & IMPAIRMENTS
- Transmission Parameters
- Wideband Signal Power
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Residual Distortion)
- Power Spectral Distortion
- Pair Timing Skew
- Port Parameters
- Wideband Return Loss
- Wideband Crosstalk
- Receiver Measurements
- Link Stability
- MAC Frame Count / Packet Flow
- Receiver Impairments
- Worst Case 802.3 Line Insertion Loss
- Programmable Ingress Noise
- Programmable Frequency Offset
- Programmable Transmit Jitter
- Line Mismatch
- Link Information
- Auto-Negotiation Advertisement
PVA INTERACTIVE GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
Get productive quickly with the PhyView Analyzer using PVA Interactive software (for Microsoft Windows). Configure test ports, configure impairments, control link-up conditions, and assess link stability with simple menu selections. Meters such as Rx Power, SNR, Power Spectral Distortion, Wideband Return Loss, and Wideband Crosstalk are readily configured to produce single or multi-pair information in a single mouse click. Full access to the PhyView Performance Test Suite with one-button test sequencing is supported under the automated test menu. MAC packet definition and transmission as well as packet counting are supported along with fully automated, one-button test port calibration sequences.
POWERSHELL PSA SCRIPT AUTOMATION SOFTWARE
Every feature of each PVA-3000 test port is directly accessible and programmable using the Tcl/Tk-based PowerShell PSA interactive scripting environment. Issue interactive commands and queries, sequence tests and calibrations, or generate custom test programs using high level API commands and utilities built into this productive script development environment.
PVA-VERIPHY AUTOMATED MULTI-PORT 10/100/1000BASE-T QUALIFICATION
The PhyView Analyzer is provided with an flexible and fully automated test application for evaluating 1 to 6 10/100/1000Base-T ports at a time with a test throughput of as little as 75 seconds per port tested! Accessible from PowerShell PSA, the pva_veriphy program offers effortless defect coverage of transmitters and receivers and is readily sequenced to test groups of 4 or 6 ports per test cycle.
Each port tested is evaluated for:
LINK STABILITY & SNR
- 10Base-T Link Stability with 802.3 Worst Case Insertion Los
- 100Base-Tx Link Stability with 802.3 Worst Case Insertion Loss
- 1000Base-T Link Stability with 802.3 Worst Case Insertion Loss
- 100Base-Tx Tx Pair SNR
- 1000Base-T Single Pair SNR
- Link Stablity Summary: GOOD | MARGINAL | FAIL
- 100Base-Tx Tx Pair Vpk-pk
- 1000Base-T Single-Pair Vpk-pk
- 100Base-Tx Single-Pair 50KHz & 62MHz Power Spectral Distortion
- 1000Base-T Single-Pair 50KHz & 62MHz Power Spectral Distortion
- 1000Base-T Single-Pair Wideband Return Loss
- Transmit Performance Summary: GOOD | MARGINAL | FAIL
- Maximum Rate Link Stability with 802.3 Worst Case Insertion Loss, Alien Crosstalk, and Jitter
- Receiver Performance Summary: GOOD | MARGINAL | FAIL
The pva_veriphy test provides user controls for link rates tested, link failure action, reporting modes, and summary categorization criteria for each test.